My son – Justin… rarely eats sweets but this is one he will eat everytime I make it. It’s not overly rich especially with just a small amount of icing. The cake is easy to make and keeps well. I have found that we like it better in the snack cake size and isn’t as appealing as a full size cake. Watch for a full size banana cake as well as other tasty banana recipes in the future. My son has a few other favorites like choclate chip cookies, chocolate pie and strawberry pie. Those recipes are to come as well…enjoy!
|Banana Snack Cake||
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium bananas ripe, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Icing :
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan, chopped
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs and sugar.
- Add bananas and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add to creamed mixture. Mix well
- Spread into greased 8 x 8 pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile make icing. Cream butter and cream cheese. Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir in nuts.
- Spread on cooled cake.