With having a terrible seafood allergy one would think I wouldn’t even step into a Red Lobster, but who can resist the buttery garlic biscuits from time to time. Through the years I have come across many a recipe claiming to be the copycat version of these tender treats but I finally found one that could satisfy the most faithful Red Lobster fan. I don’t recall when or where the recipe came from but kudos to whomever figured it out and for their lovely photo..which looks better than one I could have taken for sure!
|Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits (copycat)||
- cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 2/3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cheddar cheese grated
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Garlic Butter:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Pulse flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in food processor. Add shortening and pulse until combined
- Add butter and pulse 4 or 5 times or unitl size of peas. Add cheese and pulse 2 – 3 times
- Pour in milk and pulse just until mixture is moistened and forms a shaggy dough.
- Turn onto clean surface and knead until dough comes together. Over mixing will cause tough biscuits.
- Drop scant 1/4 cup portions 2 ” apart on baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed.
- Bake @ 425 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until brown.
- Meanwhile make the butter by melting butter with garlic in a small saucepan over med for one minute.
- Remove stir in parley and brush on biscuits.