I read the recipe for Crescent Apple Dumplings and then I read it again wondering how 7-Up could work in this recipe. Curiosity got the best of me along with the fact that a warm apple dumpling with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream sounded good so I gave it a whirl. Surprisingly it turned out hubby and kids loved it and the empty pan was proof enough. The making of these sweet treats was simple enough and actually a bit fun when the 7-up entered the pan…I will leave what happens a secret…you will have to try the recipe to see. (stock photo from source of which I have no clue)
|7-Up In Apple Dumplings … The Surprise Ingredient !||
- 8 ounces crescent roll
- 1 medium apple, peeled
- 16 red hot candies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons 7-Up
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Unroll crescent rolls and seperate into eight triangles. Cut apple into 8 wedges.
- Place one apple wedge and 2 red hots on each crescent triangle.
- Bring corners of dough to center and pinch edges to seal.
- Place in greased 8″ square baking dish.
- In small bown combine butter, sugar and vanilla. Spoon over the rolls.
- Slowly pour soda around the rolls DO NOT STIR. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.