Tried my hand at some angel food cupcakes. They were so easy and so good. We topped them with some strawberries tossed in balsalmic vinegar (if you’ve never tried this they are so good – who would have thought) and we a spoonful of whip cream. So Yummy!
|Angel Food Cupcakes w/ Strawberries & Cream||
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. With hand mixer, beat egg whites, cream of tarter and salt in mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar 2 Tablespoons at a time until stiff peaks form. With spatula fold in vanilla and almond.
- Sprinkle in flour 1/4 cup at a time and fold in.
- Line muffin pan with paper cups. Fill 2/3 full. Bake 10-12 min or until golden and springs back to touch.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Serve with berries and cream.