Sorry I haven’t put up a new post in a few days but we have been on a family getaway where there was no Internet or cell phone service. Talk about cramping our style. A few times I went up on the hill and moved around and for a brief moment Twitter popped into existence but only long enough to get out one tweet and it was gone. For the best I suppose as I spent my time with the kids and the puppies and eating, of course always eating! I also had time to go through numerous books of recipes and collected a bunch I can’t wait to try. Of course I will share those provided my family doesn’t dub them as throw aways in our rating system. While we were there we had a bunch of fresh strawberries and it reminded me of the pie I made just before we left so I will share that with you – enjoy.
|Fresh Strawberry Pie||
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Karo syrup
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry jello powder
- 1 quart strawberries
- Cool Whip®
- Mix together flour, salt, sugar, oil and flour. Form into a ball. Roll out on floured surface into pie round. Transfer to pie plate.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make filling: Cook sugar, water, syrup and cornstarch on medium until clear
- Add 3 Tbsp. strawberry jello. Stir to cool. Add one quart of strawberries.
- Top with cool whip and refrigerate.