It’s Monday again and time for Monday Listicles with Stasha over at The Good Life http://northwestmommy . Being a bloggy slacker this is my first post since last week. I promise to do better but my daughter has been out of school for a few weeks (she is getting her Nurse Practitioner) and we have been helping her with the new house. It’s been a lot of work but a lot of fun and we are making memories that I wouldn’t trade anything for. However, seeing as how I love lists and enjoy reading and making them I thought I would join in again. The subject was about missed things. I thought about it for days and I couldn’t come up with much other than people that had passed and when my kids were little and although I miss that I would have to say that enjoying them as adults are just as much fun, just different. So…for things I missed, being as how this is a foodie site, here are 10 food things I miss:
(the picture is of Max with Raime saying “give me that bone” I feel the same way about losing the following:
1. ChiChi’s…loved their Chicken Fajitas and Queso….On The Border doesn’t compare sorry friends and family.
2. Linders Ice Cream Shop – I miss the banana milkshakes with fresh bananas, had one several time a week while pregnant with my son.
3. Flakey Jakes – best burgers ever and a fixin bar that was out of this world.
4. Prime Time – had the best Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes and Grilled Veggies.
5. My Mammies Biscuits & Chocolate Gravy, although I can make it myself it will never ever be the same as waking up smelling hers. When she passed I was lucky enough to get the pan she made the gravy in (not even a nice pan lol) and her beloved Army butter knife someone gave her.
6. My Aunt Doris pot roast and Red Velvet Cake – again I can make these but they were so good when she made them and I could never get that taste again. (Love you Aunt Doris)
7. Dinner on the Grounds…. those baptist women sure could cook (church suppers)
8. Nibbles the kids were always giving me saying “Mommy bite” (can’t wait until grandbabies, put in my request and was told they are back ordered 2-3 years.
9. All my favorite things that the grocery stores decide as soon as I like them that it is time to stop carrying them…ugh!
10. I miss the fun of eating and cooking and experimenting with food when we are overly busy or when I am going through a rough time with my health. (But yeah for The Hubby, the kids, bestfriend Susan and others who make or bring me my favorite comfort foods if I can eat. When i was little my Grandpa was so sick and had a feeding tube. He would cry because he could smell food but couldn’t eat. He passed away like that and I will always remember him lying in that bedroom wanting food and that makes me want to enjoy each bite, each taste, each recipe, everything foodie related and I hope you do too!