Finally I have made Raime her frosty strawberry squares since she said I was a “slacker”. She was definitely happy and had two pieces right after dinner. I must agree with her that they are very tasty. The frozen dessert is excellent for these hot days but also makes a great year round dessert. It is quick and easy to make and it feeds many since it goes in a 9 x 13 pan. I hope you enjoy it as much as she does and I am looking forward to hearing from you!
|Frosty Strawberry Squares||
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large egg whites, beaten stiff
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine flour, brown sugar, pecans and melted butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Will just be crumbly.
- Bake @ 350 degrees until just lightly browned. Stir occasionally to keep crumbly texture.
- Remove 1/4 of the crumbs and set aside for topping.
- In medium bowl. beat egg whites until stiff. Add strawberries and sugar and beat for 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl beat heavy cream until stiff. Fold into strawberry mixture.
- Spread on crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze.
- Remove for few minutes before serving so it slightly softens.