I love the start of the week, a chance to do better than last week, to learn something new, laugh, love, eat and once again to join in Monday Listicles with Stasha – The Good Life over at http://northwestmommy.com. This weeks subject was Guilty Pleasures, chosen by One Pink Chick @ http://chicktuition.com. You can also find her on twitter (@chicktuition), she is funny and interesting and one of my favorite blogs to follow! Now, on to my guilty pleasures, of course I am going to relate these to food, imagine that……and first let me say if I could only have One thing the rest of my life it would be Kroger Skim Milk!
1. Morning latte with hint of brown sugar, 4 shots espresso and sprinkled with vanilla sugar on top along with a piece of cinnamon loaf cake. I make this around 6 am while The Hubby is sleeping and the kids are at home in their beds and all is quiet and right with the world. I bring it back upstairs, crawl back in the bed with The Hubby and grab my tablet or catch up on a DVR program. Love it! (Hubbard & Cravens espresso beans, the absolute best, worth a drive downtown to get)
2. The Hubby and I love having “Dinner & Movie” night…he spreads a towel across our bed and we enjoy carry out and a movie in the comfort of our bed, usually on Friday night…great way to end a chaotic week. (Really we do eat at the table, on the couch, outside, there isn’t a pattern here…lol)
3. I absolutely love fresh whipped cream. I really enjoy my isi whipped cream dispenser. I use heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to make the cream and then it goes on and in drinks, ice cream and desserts!
4. Chocolate Chip cookies, The Hubby & Son both make these for me all the time and The Daughter and her boy bring them to me for a treat as well. The Hubby loves to surprise me with them at night or when I am not feeling well. I am one lucky spoiled girl!
5. Freezy coke – although I am not suppose to have carbonation or drink from a straw who can resist an icy cold frozen coke?
6. Creme Brulee – Robbie’s of course, better than any restaurant..anywhere! Watch for a post from Robbie and I this week with the recipe!
7. Blue Bell Ice Cream – favorite flavor Kentucky Wonder but I also enjoy Banana Pudding, Pistachio Almond, Strawberries and Cream…well let’s face it…Is there a bad flavor, I doubt it!
8. Cake, all kinds of cake, Red Velvet, Carrot, German Chocolate, banana, apple, chocolate……cake, cake, cake!
9. Pasta, any kind of pasta….my favorite food hands down.
10. Bread, all kinds of bread, hot, cold, sweet, savory, yeast…and oh my the cinnamon bread from Whole Foods, worth the drive every time!
11. Ok so suppose to do 10 but how do you do 10 guilty foods when you are a foodie, I mean really???? so here are some others and I will quit because quite frankly I could be here all day and I want to go read what your guilty pleasures are. Others mentions: cheesecake factory, hot chocolate from South Bend chocolate (The Daughter and boy surprise me with that as a treat when they have dinner downtown!), bread pudding, stuffed mushrooms, seasoned deli fries with ranch, Hidden Valley Ranch,cheese ,…ok I promised to stop but you get the idea!