This weeks Listicles was chosen by Cookie’s Mom over at http://cookieschronicles.blogspot.com and she chose Ten Tips for New Moms. I always try to tie food into every Listicles topic so I had to think back about when I was a new mom and not an old one lol. Thank you so much for this trip down memory lane. Read all the listicles with Stasha at : (http://northwestmommy.com)
1. Always have a camera ready…and always let them enjoy their food…even if they get a bit messy…they wash..trust me! The header picture is my son after a very hard afternoon playing outside. I just couldn’t resist snapping these pics…I really did clean him up before putting him down for a nap!
2. Bear in mind that food doesn’t always go in their mouth…sometimes it goes on the floor, in their hair (or yours lol) and really really watch for that occasional food up their nose…so gross but Cheerios do fit there…hahahaha.
3. Let them help in the kitchen as often as they will. My kids were always under my feet and I am so glad…both of them are great cooks and I know they will never starve!
4. When grocery shopping Never ever put cheese in the front of your cart where a toddler can reach it…sounds silly right…not so much, Raime picked it up and bit the corner off, sucked the plastic down her throat and every time she cried and sucked back her throat closed off, she turned blue, my mom screamed for help and a nurse ran out of line and helped us get that tiny piece of plastic out of her throat…OMG!
5. Teach them that making food for family and friends is really fun, especially if they like the food. Some of our best conversations at the table or over a meal! (Raime, Justin and Grandpa)
6. Get your kids to try new foods, just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean they won’t. Expect them to be critics of your cooking (Raime note to me)
7. Eat when they sleep, it might be the only time you get a hot meal or to enjoy it without scarfing it down!
8. Let them know how much fun it is to “lunch” with friends!
9. Beware, they will try to “eat” things that are not food!
10. Let them eat other places than just at the table. There will be times when they don’t want to eat at all so make it fun…outside, picnic on the bed (see guilty pleasures post), in the floor, just let them love to eat! (below ME, back in the day lol)