This weeks Monday Listicles was chosen by non other than Stasha herself over at The Good Life http://northwestmommy.com and for obvious reasons her topic is Halloween. I can’t really say a lot about Halloween foods so I will just give you a list of favorite fall foods with “fall” items. (above – Raime & Robbie, although not their Halloween costumes they still look adorable all dressed up supporting the Colts!)
1. In honor of halloween – candy – favorites are Reece, Mr. Goodbar, Zagnut (although can’t find anymore) and Butterfingers.
2. Sweet Potato Casserole – loaded with brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon!
3. Apple Cake – so easy to make and wonderful with the apples from our local orchards!
4. Carrot Cupcakes – sweet and easy to make with baby food as the secret!
5. White Chicken Chili – nothing like it on a cold dreary day! I came up with my own version after we fell in love with it at Yats!
6. Chili – always a fall favorite – we mix it up by switching out pasta for rice sometimes and different kinds of tomatoes (salsa, fireroasted, rotels, just depends on the mood)
7. Fajitas over the fire pit – We just got a new Weber cast iron wok and the fajitas were incredible over the open fire! Now amongst our favorite things!
8. Hot Dogs & Smores over at fire – that’s just a given!
9. Caramel Apple Cider – apple cider frothed (steamed) with caramel and whip cream on top…watch out Starbucks it tastes just the same!
10. Latte – all sorts of latte, red velvet, brown sugar, caramel, white chocolate mocha…the list is endless just give me Latte! (Red Velvet above)
Hope you enjoyed this weeks list and that you have a safe Halloween!