BLT Salad is a favorite at our house and it goes well with so many different meals! It’s an extra special treat since it has homemade dressing and homemade garlic croutons! You can find the recipe for the garlic croutons under Salads or To Top It Off. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! I have had this recipe for sometime and I can’t even say where it came from or what magazine or book and the picture was within my recipe program and is probably a stock photo
- 1 pound bacon
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups garlic croutons (see recipe in Salads or To Top It Off)
- Cook bacon in large deep skillet until brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In blender or food processor combine mayo, milk, garlic powder and black pepper until smooth. Season with salt.
- Shred lettuce. Combine with tomatoes, bacon and croutons in large serving bowl.
- Toss with dressing and serve immediately.