I couldn’t resist taking a big bite out of this cupcake before I took the picture for two reasons, they are just so good you can’t possibly walk by without eating one, and two when there is a bite gone you can see the texture and nuts. These little jewels are so simply to make, you just stir them up, pour into muffin cups and bake. They require common ingredients except for the simple secret ingredient…baby food carrots and they are so easy to acquire! If the cupcakes weren’t delicious enough already,they have cream cheese icing, how could you go wrong?
|Carrot Cake Cupcakes||
- 1 cups flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups canola oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 2- 4 oz jars babyfood carrots (GERBER STAGE 2)
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 stick butter softened
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces powder sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt & cinnamon in a bowl.
- Whisk carrots, oil and eggs in a bowl until well blended. Stir in the carrots.
- Add the flour mixture to the carrot mxiture 1/3 at a time, blending well after each addition. . Stir in the pecans.
- Divide batter into paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Icing: Beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add the sugar gradually beating well after each addition.
- Continue to beat until light and fluffy, fold in pecans. Spread over cooled cupcakes.