Let me just say I used to despise bread pudding and then I had some at Daves’s BBQ and I was a convert. Of course now I am making bread pudding of all kinds and my newest adventure was with adding some bananas typically set for my banana cake or a tasty loaf of bread. The bread I used was from a loaf of Challah that I got at Jungle Jim’s and wow it was perfect for this. The recipes are altered versions of things that I have added to my must make pile over the years. I never tested the recipes in the original form but I was very pleased with how my versions came out. I served it warm to Mark & Susan when they came to pick us for a lovely evening at the home show and dinner at Rock Bottoms and they both put their stamp of approval on both the pudding and the topping.
If you have a great bread pudding recipe I would love to try it…please share!!!
|Banana Bread Pudding w/ Caramel Creme Fraiche Topping||
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 6 ounces half and half
- 6 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf french bread (I used Challah instead)
- Caramel Creme Fraiche:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In large bowl soak bread, half & half and water until soft
- Mix egg yolks , vanilla, butter and sugar in large bowl. Stir in bananas. Add to bread.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- In Meanwhile make Caramel Creme Fraiche:
- Beat together until soft peaks form.