I am so excited today to join in on Monday Listicles over at www.northwestmommy.com again. It has been quite some time and I have missed doing so. This weeks List was chosen by Ally from www.twonormalmoms.blogspot.com and she gave us two choices…10 things you would like to see happen before you die or 10 things that give you anxiety. Well, here’s the thing….I am a high anxiety person and considering I have diagnosed OCD it’s no wonder. Although I have anxiety about more things than I could list in any reasonable amount of time my list should be kept foodie related considering. So here goes and I will force myself to stop at 10 although I already know that I could make a very large list lol….
1. People using my Wusthof knives and not washing, drying and putting them away as soon as done with them. It’s the life of the knife.
2. For the bar to get used as a catch all…as a matter of fact for anything to get used as a catch all….everything has a place…everything in it’s place.
3. Not having certain ingredients on hand…cream, chicken broth, eggs, butter, sugar, flour, …ok I like groceries and grocery shopping I like the feeling of having food items on hand.
4. Dishes in the sink, I do the dishes and clean the kitchen as soon as meal is over, then I can be with family or relax without it hanging over my head.
5. Having to cook in a hurry…I like to just relax and enjoy the experience.
6. Unorganized or over crowded cabinets. I clean and sort several times a year and get rid of extra items. Now mind you the kitchen is the one room in the house that has tons of stuff in it, organized of course. Kitchen items are my garage sale, goodwill, eBay, shopping etc weakness.
7. For the trash to get to the top and someone to try cramming on last piece of trash in instead of changing the bag…please how long does that take?
8. Putting the koolaid pitcher back in the refrigerator with one sip in it…really?
9. For there to be food or crumbs or dirt on the floor that you feel under your bare feet. I sweep often because the kitchen is where the garage door enters and everyone also has to cut through the kitchen to get from the pool to bathroom so stuff just gets tracked in.
10. Worrying that what I fix for a meal or guests won’t be well received.
Now please don’t judge…I love to cook for people…in fact when people say don’t worry about food or dessert or whatever that gives me anxiety too lol….I like to cook, it’s one of my favorite things to do so I hope you’re not thinking that with all that anxiety you don’t ever want to visit my kitchen. Actually it’s a fun-loving place to be. We spend most of our time there and I love having people sitting all around the bar and at the table, all chatting while I am preparing food. Anxiety aside we welcome guests and although I don’t really wait on anyone when they are here as the house rule is: “make yourself at home…if you can find it you can eat or drink it…help yourself” , I still think you would find a visit to our home an experience if nothing else.