Chicken Salad is one of my all time favorite things. I can’t wait for spring every year when Bob Evans brings back their chicken salad fruit plate. I have tried chicken salad at many places and I am usually pleased however I must say I have yet to come across chicken salad like mine. My daughter loves this chicken salad and we eat it on bread, alone, with fruit and it’s even good hot on a panini! So far I haven’t had anyone dislike the chicken salad and most are so curious as to what’s in it and request the recipe. I hope you give it a shot even after you read the ingredient list! I still love the more traditional salad as well it’s just that we can get that at many a restaurant and this is such a change from the norm that we enjoy this at home!
|7 Spice Chicken Salad||
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast or about 4 cups cooked and diced very little, cooked and shredded
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (Hellmann’s is best)
- 1/3 cup sweet relish
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- Season and cook chicken as desired. Cool and dice or shred.
- Mix together mayonnaise, pickle relish and seasonings.
- Add eggs and onion.
- Stir in chicken and pecans.
- Serve or Refrigerate (even better if you have time to refrigerate for a few hours to let the spices meld into the salad)