We used to go to a barbecue place in Ohio called Burbanks that served the most delicious sweet potatoe casserole. I tried recipe after recipe and altered them over and over to no avail. Finally a few years ago I finally got it where I want it. It’s a bit rich and could almost be dessert, but then so was the one my memory stored. I hope you will try and enjoy it.
|Easy Sweet Potatoe Casserole||
- 2 17 ounce cans Bruce no sugar sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (heaping spoons)
- 1 1/4 cups pecans chopped
- Drain juice from potatoes. Smash.
- Combine sugars, butter, & eggs. Fill 1/4 cup of half and half with 1/4 cup water to make 1/2 cup. Add to creamed mix.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Combine well and spread in 9 x 13 pan.
- Make topping by combining butter, sugar, flour and pecans. Sprinkle on potatoes
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes.