My family has always loved sloppy joes and for me it is a quick easy way to throw together dinner when you have had a busy day. I know a lot of people use a canned sloppy joe sauce but my family has never been to keen on it. These are so simple there is truly no need to spend the money on canned sauce. It also makes a great coney sauce and can be kept warm in a crock pot. Although very good on a bun the sloppy joes are tasty open faced on a slice of bread and topped with cheese as the sauce tends to absorb into the bread making them even better.
|Open Faced Sloppy Joes||
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweet baby rays bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Brown ground chuck and onions until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat until desired temperature.
- Serve open faced on loaf bread and sprinkle with cheese or on buns as desired.
- Also a good coney sauce.