Ok so, last night I was shown a blog www.lifewithmel.com) in which she had made her version of the philly cheesesteak using ground chuck. (Looks Good lets give it a whirl) but since I am a guy and reading directions and I dont play well together I didn’t exactly make them as planned. (imagine that) I cut up the peppers and onions and set them aside like I was told but didn’t read further…well let’s say I was cooking them after the meat was done and well I put the garlic in the meat…oh well thats all right they turned out really good maybe a hair to spicy for the wife but still good, and if your looking at the picture you will notice I didn’t use hoagie rolls, all I had available was mini slider buns, but they worked out really well.
- 1 pound ground beef
- onion, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin [seeds removed if you prefer]
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- tablespoon cayenne pepper
- tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 or 2 cups shredded cheese, your preference
- Sub rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add a few spices here to flavor the meat while cooking
- Drain the meat and set aside
- Slice the onion, pepper, and jalapeno and set aside
- Press the garlic cloves and add to the pile of sliced onions, peppers, & jalapenos
- In a medium bowl, pour in the meat and add ¾ of the cheese, all of the spices & incorporate fully
- In another skillet, add some oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers, jalapeño’s and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the peppers and jalapeno are cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle some pepper while sautéing
- Stuff your sub roll with as much meat and cheese mixture as you like!
- Top it with the sautéed peppers and onions
- You can even bake them in the oven, which is what we did. Top the subs with cheese and bake for 6 or 8 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly!
I would like to thank everyone on here who is following my wife and helping her along the way and extra special thanks to Nelly who has the blog (www.cookingwithbooks.blogspot.com) @nella22. for being there for her not just in food…. I really need to learn the lingo of who you all are between girafeandahaf, coffeelovinmom, squirellinazoo, catinthehat and thing one and thing two I am so confused and since its #*@! Freakin Friday or whatever it is you Twitter people say…I wish the best to all of you. (ok so girafeandahalf is Katie & coffeelovinmom is Amy, I have no idea if the others are even code names but it sounded funny and if it’s your name no disrespect intended)
Stayed tuned for hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, just kidding I can cook I just never get to, the little chief rules…. (However The Wife informed me I should do this once a week…ha…we will see…might be the only way I get to cook besides on the grill so I am considering it) Happy Weekend…feel free to freakin friday me…oh wait…I don’t have twitter or facebook for that matter….just follow the wife!