These croutons are excellent with any salad but I use them especially on BLT Salad. The Hubby & Kids tend to start eating them before they even hit the oven and continue as soon as they come out…we are lucky they ever make it to the salad!
Recipe type: Salads, To Top It Off
- 6 ounces whole butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1½ pounds french or sourdough bread cubes
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the garlic. Cook the garlic in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Place the bread in a bowl, add the Parmesan and herbs.
- Pour the garlic butter over the bread cubes and immediately toss to combine.
- Spread the bread cubes on a sheet pan in a single layer and bake at 350ºF
- Stir the croutons occasionally and cook until dry and lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes.